Climbing Merit Badge
(minimum of four scouts required)
- 8 hr8 hours
- 75 US dollars$75
Storm Cancellation Guidelines: • Once your climbing date and meeting time is established; only your guide can cancel the day due to inclement weather, park closures, crime scene investigations, or other so called “natural disasters”. To reschedule due to a weather cancellation, contact our office via email or telephone. • If it is raining steady at 6:30 am on the morning of your climb, you guide will confirm his/her decision to climb by 7:00 am the morning of the climb (if not sooner) and send you a text message, email, or a voice call. Please confirm the notice of cancellation upon receipt. • If it rained overnight and in the morning it is not raining, we will climb if the forecast has a low probability of rain. In this case you will be contacted in the morning and the meeting time may be pushed back or delayed to 10:00 am. • If it rains while we are at the cliff, it is possible that we may stay dry because of the tree canopy and how hard it rains. As a group, we will decide if we want to continue, so you might consider bringing a rain jacket. • Thunder and Lighting – Due to safety reasons, we leave immediately. • During the summer, the chance of thunder storms increases as temperatures rise later in day. If we get caught in one of those, we head to the bar! • We leave it up to the guide’s discretion and good will to reschedule an interrupted climb due to a sudden thunder and lightning storm. Cancellation Policy: Our cancellation policy is designed as job security for our guides. Last-minute cancellations mean a day of work lost. We work hard to have the most experienced guides in the region and this policy gives them some job security in their career. Your day may be cancelled by you, except on the day of your established climb date (established climb date means you received our detailed confirmation email). Our cancellation policy requires notifications at least 4 days prior to your day for rescheduling, or at least 14 days prior to your day for a refund (does not apply to Google offers or Group-on feature deals). If you are scheduled to climb on a previously established climbing date and you do not show up for the climb, you will be considered a “no- show” and will forfeit your paid payment. You can receive credit towards another rescheduled day if the cancellation is within 4 days to 14 days of the established climb date, however there will be a $25 rescheduling fee. If the day is cancelled due to inclement weather, the day can be rescheduled, or your money refunded. In the case of inclement weather, there will not be a $25 rescheduling fee.
143 Birch Street, Dover, NJ, USA