Yes the school is insured. Certificates of insurance are available upon request from our carrier.
Our cancellation policy is designed as job security for our guides. Last-minute cancellations mean a day of work lost. We work hard to have the most experienced guides in the region and this policy gives them some reliability in their career. Your day may be cancelled by you. Our cancellation policy requires notifications at least 4 days prior to your day for rescheduling, or at least 14 days prior to your day for a refund (does not apply to Google offers or Zozi feature deals (those are handled directly those them). Cancellations less than 4 days and no-shows forfeit their deposits. Deposits are non-refundable; however, cancellations within 4 days to 14 days of the reserved date will receive credit towards another day. There will be a $25 rescheduling fee for last minute cancellations and a reschuling of the day. If the day is cancelled due to inclement weather, the day can be rescheduled, or the deposited refunded. In the case of inclement weather, there will not be a $25 fee to schedule a new date. Thank you for being so understanding.
Below are the storm cancelation guidelines:
• If it is raining steady at 6:00 am on the day of your climb, I will cancel.
• If it rained overnight and in the morning it is not raining, we will climb if the forecast has a low probability of rain. In this case you will be contacted in the morning and the meeting time will be pushed back or delayed to 10:00 am. The cliffs at Allamuchy are climbable in this condition since the rock at Allamuchy dries quickly.
• If it rains while we are at the cliff, it is possible that we may stay dry because of the tree canopy and how hard it rains. As a group, we will decide if we want to continue, so you might consider bringing a rain jacket.
• During the summer, the chance of thunder storms increases as temperatures rise later in day. If we get caught in one of those, we head to the bar!
• Thunder and Lighting – Due to safety reasons, we leave immediately.
• To reschedule a climb due to a weather cancelation, contact me via email or telephone.
• I will confirm my decision to climb by 6:30 am the morning of the climb, if not sooner, and send you a text message, email, or a voice call. Please confirm the notice of cancelation upon receipt. Thank you for understanding.
It is customary to tip your guide for his/her services rendered for the days outing, especially if you had a good experience. Thank you for understanding and appreciating their efforts.
We appreciate your special care of the equipment. Be mindful to return every item issued to you. Bug spray can damage plastic and nylon. Please avoid getting any on climbing helmets, harnesses and other nylon gear. It is customary to reimburse your guide for lost/damaged equipment. Thank you for your consideration.
The venure for all scheduled clinics, unless otherwise specified, is Allamuchy Mountain State Park in Byram Township, New Jersey. For detailed directions download our Riverview Rock Climbing Information Sheet. If you are meeting your guide for a day of multi-pitch ice or rock climbing, your guide will contact you to make arrangements to meet at a designated meeting place.
Yes, observers and photographers are welcome, because our guides are responsible for everyone well being at the venue, we respectfully request they paid a $10 fee for a non-climber to observe, take pictures, etc. In addition, they are required to sign our release of liability.
Bring a Lunch/snacks for the duration of the outing, plenty of water, sturdy shoes, and a small rucksack to carry everything. A camera, hat, and rain jacket are optional. Dress comfortably in layers. If you have your own equipment, you are welcome to bring it. We do not provide lunch. There are no bathrooms or portable toilets, so you will need to bring your own paper or tissues. Insect-Repellent is recommended. Please bring your sense of adventure too.